Makes 6 servings
- 1 lb. 96% lean ground bison, ostrich or grass fed beef.
- 8 oz box multigrain or other (organic) whole grain spaghetti/angel hair pasta*
- 8 oz. mushrooms eg shiitake or crimini, sliced.
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion and bell pepper.
- 28 oz. jar of organic pasta sauce.
- 1 Tbsp. (organic) extra virgin olive oil or organic sweet cream butter.
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper.
- 2-4 cloves fresh minced or roasted garlic.
- 2-4 oz. shaved or grated (fresh) parmesan e.g. reggiano, optional.
- Brown ground meat in a large heavy pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add (mushrooms), onion and bell pepper now if using and sauté until onion is translucent before adding the pasta sauce and garlic; simmer covered over low heat 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions then drain in a colander.
- Return pasta to pot and add olive oil or butter and coat noodles evenly to prevent sticking.
- Divide into equal portions and top with fresh basil and/or 1-2 Tbsp. parmesan if desired.
- Perfect with a small green salad or colorful side of veggies.
1 serving using ground ostrich and multigrain angel hair gives you: 361 cals/7g fat/30g pro/36g carbs/8g sugars/4g fiber.
Note: For delicious gluten free recipe use brown rice or quinoa pasta and for a low carb alternative substitute the pasta with spaghetti squash.
Related Article: Recipe: Lamb Cutlets with Mint Chilli and Golden Potatoes
Content Credit: http://foodasmedicine-ginalryan.blogspot.in/