Yakhni is an authentic mouthwatering dish and is prepared in curd along with spices. It is very simple to
Follow these simple steps to prepare yakhni at home.
- 1 kg mutton (chest pieces)
- 3 ladles of mustard oil.
- 2 table spoons saunth powder (fennel powder).
- 1 table spoon zeera (cumin).
- 2 tej patte (bay leaves).
- ½ tea spoon hing (asafetida).
- 5 half crushed laung (cloves).
- 3 moti elaichi (black cardamom).
- 1 inch dalcheeni (cinnamon).
- 1 kg whipped curd.
- 1 spoon desi ghee (pure ghee).
- Wash the mutton and drain off excess water.
- Heat two ladles of oil in a pressure cooker, put the mutton in it, add salt and hing, start frying for five minutes on full flame.
- Put ½ glass water, add saunf powder, crushed moti elaichi, dalchini, bay leaves and pressure cook it up to 3 whistles.
- Take a frying pan, put one ladle oil and heat it till smoke appears, cool it for three minutes and put zeera and laung in it.
- Keep it on a low flame and stir for one minute, add the curd and keep it on full flame, stir continuously so that it will not curdle till it boils.
- Add this boiling curd in the mutton and keep it on low flame for five minutes.
- Serve it with hot white boiled rice.