Like Indian food? Then you will love this delicious dessert, Barfi. For the reader’s who don’t know what it is, Barfi is an Indian style of dessert in which the finished sweet is cut into cubes, triangles or diamond shapes before serving. Barfi is often but not always, made by thickening milk with sugar and other ingredients. Try this recipe and let me know if you liked it. Happy Diwali!
Preparation time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 35 minutes
- ¼ cup water or 65 ml, hot
- 1 tablespoon saffron, powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tin nestlé fat free sweetened condensed milk or 405 g
- 4 cups desiccated coconut or 350 g
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dissolve Saffron powder in hot Water and set aside.
- Melt Butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add NESTLE Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk, add desiccated Coconut and stir to an even consistency.
- Divide the mixture into two equal parts, add saffron water to one and Cardamom to the other part and mix well.
- Layer the cardamom Coconut mixture in a square dish and flatten until smooth on top, top with the saffron coconut mixture and flatten top.
- Place in fridge to cool for one hour before cutting the layered Burfi into desired shapes.
Recipe credit: www.nestle-family.com