- 1/2 cup (125g) caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (125g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 bottles food colouring, red, blue, yellow, green
Cook: 15min ›
Ready in: 45min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Prepare a 6 hole cupcake tray with patty cups.
- Cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time adding a little flour in each time until the ingredients are mixed.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix. Then add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time mixing after each addition.
- Divide the mixture into 6 bowls:
In Bowl 1 – Add half a cap of red colouring
In Bowl 2 – Add half a cap of silver
In Bowl 3 – Add half a cap of yellow
In Bowl 4 – Add half a cap of green
In Bowl 5 – Add half a cap of orange
In Bowl 6 – Add half a cap of white
Mix colouring into each mixture after adding.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cases.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
Also read: Recipe: Macaroons