What makes a perfect burger? I think it’s the ratio of meat to veggies. Too meaty and it tastes like steak (which is not good since it’s not a steak) and too many vegetables and it ends up tasting like a salad with bread. Since I have not managed to find the perfect burger at an eatery, I have made my own. This low fat chicken burger is perfect! Delicious with the perfect meat: vegetables ratio, this burger is low in calories and super high on taste.
- 1 onion, chopped well
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup fresh carved mushrooms
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 15 min.
- Casually spray a sauté pan with cooking or oil spray over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushroom, tomatoes and carrots in that order.
- Set aside the vegetables till it cools.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all together well and form into 8 patties.
- Grill 5 to 6 minutes per side, put in between the bread, add the vegetables and serve.
Note: You can also use minced meat for the patties and cook it on an outdoor grill.
Also Read: Recipe: Yakhni (Mutton Prepared With Curd)