You never need a reason for lamb chops. If cooked well, they are super delicious and hearty and if cooked smartly, they are healthy as well. I had devised this recipe one a Tuesday when my oven was mot working and I just HAD TO eat chops (yup, such a craving exists). So I used a pan instead and the result was better than I expected….way better! Cooking it in a pan instead of an oven keeps it moist (ovens tends to suck the juice right out) and somehow the flavor heightens. Add to that the garlic and red wine and what you get is meat magic. Yup, that exists too.
- 500 gms of lamb chops
- 2 cups of red wine
- I small cup of crushed garlic
- Olive Oil
- 2 tea spoon of apple cider vinegar
How to Make:
- Wash and dry the chops thoroughly and keep aside.
- Mix the red wine with 3-4 tablespoon of olive oil, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and apple cider vinegar properly. Make sure you do this in a bowl or a zip lock bag.
- Now mix the above mixture with the chops properly and thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Now take a flat nonstick pan and on a slow flame cook the chops. Keep it turning every 3-4 minutes till cooked and the juices are absorbed. The garlic should be crispy and infused with the flavor.
- Once done, serve with roast potatoes and veggies.
Please note: I prefer to use a zip lock bag for marinadeing the chops since it allows the meat to mix very well with the ingredients which usually doesn’t happen in a bowl or plate.
Also Read: Recipe: Oven Fried Chicken