As the cold weather slowly sets in, it’s time to change our eating habits and turn to more nourishing and comforting foods. This rich and creamy soup packed with chicken, vegetables and enough flavor to make your mouth do a little number.
- 1 lb diced chicken
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- ¾ cup flour, divided
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cup milk
- 1(16-oz) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and diced chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Removed chicken from pan and plate on a plate, leaving cooking liquid in pan. Add remaining butter and ¼ cup flour. Whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients (except chicken, vegetables and flour). Whisk to combine.
- In a resealable jar combine 1 cup soup mixture (from pot) and remaining flour. Shake to combine. Add mixture to soup. Whisk to combine.
- Add chicken and vegetables to soup. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy!
Also read: Oven Fried Chicken