I love wheat germ. If you read my blog regularly then you will realize that my love affair with wheat germ is no joking matter. I use it in my brownie mix, add a spoonful in my juice and yogurt and coat my chicken in it before frying…and to honest I keep finding way I can use wheat germ. So you can imagine my excitement when Harmony Foods Pvt Ltd contacted me to review their own wheat germ. Yipeee!
Firstly, I firmly believe that a little wheat germ goes a long way.
Just two tablespoons delivers about 15% of your recommended daily intake of Vitamin E and 10% of your daily foliate.
Btw, did you know that Vitamin E is often a little low in people’s diets? So incase you don’t eat a lot of nuts and seeds like me, wheat germ is a great source.
Original Toasted Wheat Germ by Harmony Foods Pvt Ltd is a to incorporate wheat germ as it blends into almost any meal, including your go-to breakfasts: Sprinkle it over cereal, stir it into yogurt, or mix it into a smoothie.
Here are some nutritional value of wheat germ:
- Vitamin E: This fat-soluble antioxidant helps to protect cells and tissues from damage and may ward off certain diseases.
- Folic Acid: A must-have for pregnant women—and a good idea for everyone else—this B vitamin helps make healthy new cells to protect against certain cancers.
- Magnesium: This mineral helps keep your heart, bones and immune system strong. Recent data also suggests it may even slash your Type-2 diabetes risk.
- Thiamin: This B vitamin helps convert carbohydrates into energy. It’s also essential for the proper functioning of the heart, muscles and nervous system.
- Phosphorous: Working with calcium to build strong bones and teeth, this mineral is also necessary for the growth, maintenance and repair of all tissues.
- Zinc: Your body uses this mineral for hundreds of functions, such as fighting off viruses, helping wounds heal, DNA synthesis and proper cell division.
But Not Suggested If You Follow a Gluten-Free Diet
As a form of wheat, wheat germ contains the gluten protein. If you have celiac disease, you need to eliminate foods containing gluten from your diet. Eating gluten causes your body’s immune system to attack your gastrointestinal tract, which can lead to malabsorption and malnutrition.
How to Buy: