Creamy mushroom soup is such a delicious, satisfying and warming soup and super great for a cold winter day; this soup has rich and soothing flavor.
- 600 g mushrooms
- olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped, stalks finely chopped
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme.
- 5 litres organic chicken or vegetable stock
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 75 ml single cream
- Slice mushrooms finely.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and pour in a splash of olive oil.
- Add the onion, celery, garlic, parsley stalks, thyme leaves and mushrooms, place a lid on top and sweat gently until softened.
- Spoon 4 tablespoons of mushrooms out of the pan and put to one side.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then whiz with a hand-held blender until smooth.
- Pour in the cream, bring just back to the boil, then turn off the heat.
- Spoon the soup into deep, individual bowls, garnish with the chopped parsley and croutons.