It’s the season of mangoes and everyone around me (including me!) is going gaga over this magical fruit. But I have a confession to make. Mangoes can be boring (there, I said it!). But hear me out. Mangoes are juicy and fleshy but it offers only a one dimensional flavor. It’s a safe and predictable flavor but then, we all know how mangoes taste, right? Mango as a fruit is great, yes. But mango with an edge is simply amazing. That’s why when HyperCITY asked me to create a unique recipe with mangoes; I was thrilled because finally I had the opportunity to create something interesting and fun.
And since the Indian summer is ensuring that we are losing our bodyweight by sweating, the best idea is to create a cool and refreshing salad. But not just any salad my friend, but one with a cool twist and I am pretty sure you will love it.
You will need:
- 350 gm of fresh salmon
- 1 whole ripe mango
- 1 table spoon of Coleslaw (you can make this at home or buy ready-made)
- 100 gm rocket leaves
- 100 gms iceberg lettuce
- I ripe tomato
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Clean the rocket leaves and iceberg lettuce thoroughly and keep it in a salad bowl.
- Blanch and peel the tomato and cut into thin slices. Keep this in the salad bowl and mix well.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper and toss well. Set aside.
- Chop the mango flesh into small pieces and plate it.
- Chop the salmon into thin slices and place it next to the mango pieces.
- Take the salad leaves and place in on the plate.
- Add coleslaw and serve!
How simple was that, right? Let me know if you enjoyed the recipe.
You are absolutely right—this is a great, fresh twist of a mango dish! Neha, Do you have a coleslaw recipe you recommend? I prefer using my own ingredients for the dishes, but I have followed so many different coleslaw recipes, I was curious which you found suits the mango and salmon best. I’ve never tried coleslaw on a salad like this, so I can’t wait to serve this dish!
I am glad you liked the recipe Seema 🙂 I use a very simple coleslaw recipe with the regular ingredients. It goes really well withe dish.