Comforting, soothing and delicious, this soup is perfect for a cozy evening when you would like wrap yourself in a blanket and read your favorite book.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 leeks, white and light green chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, skinned and crushed
- 4 potatoes, flayed and chopped into half pieces
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leave
- 1 fresh thyme,
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- 1 cup low fat cream
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add the leeks and garlic and cook, until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, stock, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper to pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn the heat down to low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are very soft.
- Fish out the thyme bay leaves, then purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- If soup is too thin, simmer until thickened.
- If it’s too thick, add water or stock to thin it out. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Serve with gluten free bread.