I had no idea what Chicken Mull was until very recently. Also fondly called “Chicken Stew”, the mull version originates from North Carolina and Georgia, it’s made with chicken in a cream or milk based consommé, fat and tested with salt, pepper and other stuff. It’s mind-blowing, yes. Is it comforting, yes!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 5 cups if chicken broth
- 2 whole onions, diced
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a lidded pot, bring the chicken breasts to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn off the heat, leave the lid on and let the chicken set for 45 minutes.
- In a separate pan, sauté your onions until they are radiant.
- Put the chicken broth to boil.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and allow it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Chop the chicken into very small chunks then add it to the broth.
- Add the milk, sautéed onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for an hour.
Image Source: http://www.seriouseats.com
This sounds simple and comforting! Think I will try it soon.