This recipe is one of its kinds because it’s so simple but so good for you. These pancakes are vegan and will keep you full and satiated for hours! Who needs bacon, right? You don’t need animal fat or protein to stay fit and this recipe proves it.
- 1 tablespoon freshly grounded flax seeds + 3 tablespoons warm water, mixed together.
- 1½ cups tapioca flour
- 1 serving of any protein powder ( I prefer vanilla flavor/9
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1¾ cups soy milk n
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 medium organic apple, chopped
- Combine the ground flax and warm water and set it aside for 3-5 minutes to thicken.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour in the non-dairy milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and flax mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in the chopped apple.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush the pan with coconut oil, then pour the pancake batter onto the pan. Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Plate with your favorite toppings such as fruits or nuts and enjoy!