Trust the Germans to take something delicious and upgrade it a notch higher! What’s not to like in these delicious, crunchy cakes, right?
A beautiful mixture of eggs, flour and potatoes and you got yourself a perfect breakfast dish. Or lunch.Or dinner. I mean you could just eat these anytime of the day.
- 3 large peeled potatoes
- I large quartered onion
- 3 whipped eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for around 30 min.
- Cut the potatoes into 4 equal parts, put it in a food processed shred the potatoes along with the onion.
- Once shredded dry the mixture with a paper towel and keep aside.
- In a big bowl mix the potato blend with eggs, flour, baking powder, parsley and salt.
- In a large pan heat vegetable oil and pour in 1/3 cup potato mixture, flattening with the back of a wooden spoon, and fry until crisp and golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with applesauce.
Have you ever tried German Potato Pancakes? Do you just like or love?
Image via http://oldfashionedkitchen.com/