These days I am craving comfort food. Noodles, pasta, rice..you name it. Maybe because the season is changing or I am just feeling gluttonous, but nothing beat the joy of a plate of your favourite dish, served hot. And since one of my favourite dishes is lasagna, I have shared a recipe below which I think you feel enjoy.
It all the classic ingredients but won’t leave you feeling lethargic and slow because I replace the sheets with the brown rice version.
It’s delicious and won’t make you feel like taking a nap afterwards.
- One packet gluten free lasagna
- 500 gms minced lamb
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Boil the lasagna sheets and keep aside.
- Season minced lamb with salt. Brown the lamb in a pan then add one cup of marinara sauce, stir and let it simmer for two minutes.
- Mix ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spoon some sauce into the bottom of your casserole dish. Layer with lasagna noodles, ground lamb mixture, half of the mozzarella cheese, then another layer of lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, sausage, lasagna noodles, some sauce, and the rest of the mozzarella cheese and then the final layer of lasagna noodles, sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Then remove the cover and bake for 10 minutes more.
Make sure you let it rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Did you like the recipe? Tell me.