This sushi is simple, delicious and vegetarian, so unless, you are are a sushi snob, you will enjoy this dish tremendously, I promise.
- 5 stalks of asparagus
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 sheets of sushi nori
- 1 cup cooked sticky rice
- Rice Vinegar
- Chopped Ginger
- Sea Salt
- Sesame seed
- Once the rice is cooked, mix it with salt, rice vinegar and some mayonnaise and let it cool.
- Steam the asparagus until soft.
- Mash the asparagus, salt, ginger, rice vinegar and keep aside.
- When the rice has cooled down to the room temperature, put a nori sheet vertically on the rolling mat, shiny side down.
- Spread 1/5th of the rice evenly, leaving a 1 cm gap on the top, far edge.
- Arrange the filling ingredients on the rice, in a horizontal line, close to the bottom edge.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.