Noodles…everyone loves noodles, right? Well, the answer is YES! especially when its this delicious and healthy!
If you have read some of my older recipes, you will know that I am a rice girl. To be more specific, I am a fan of brown rice. And red. To be fair, all kinds are rice are my thing. But sometimes, I cook noodles as well and I love absolutely love, rice noodles. It’s so much healthier than its wheat counterpart since rice noodles are gluten-free. But I like to notch up the health element by adding tons of veggies to my noodles so its full of fibre and plant protein. Since I have been on a heavy plant-based diet during the past months, I must think of new and creative ways to cook vegetables without hitting a food-wall. And one of my attempts revealed this delicious gluten-free and vegan stir-fried noodles!
You Will Need
- 1 cup boiled rice noodles
- 1 cup bok choi
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 whole bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 3 dried red chillies
- Handfull of chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper
Here’s the deal: The above-mentioned vegetables are the ones I like to use but it’s not compulsory for you. Feel free to use any green vegetables of your choice such as zucchini, cabbage, spinach etc. The greener, the better!
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and saute the garlic and chillies for 20 secounds on medium.
- Then add the chopped mushrooms and capsicums on high heat for about 1 min.
- Add the bok choi and the remaining vegetables and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
For the extra boost in taste and flavour, you may add a spoonful of vinegar and soy sauce during the stirring stage. But doing this means you are adding gluten to the dish ( soya sauce has gluten). Nevertheless, how delicious does this dish look, right? It tastes even better, trust me! So go ahead and try it and let me know if you loved it as well.