Calisthenics are nothing but simple exercises, which are done in repetitions and sets. For example, you can do 3 sets of 10 reps each of crunches. When done in the right manner, these Calisthenics exercises can improve strength and endurance of the muscles, and also improve muscle tone along with flexibility. Calisthenics are a complete body workout in themselves, and can be further aided by slight weight training to not only tone muscles but also lose weight drastically.
- These exercises offer stupendous results when it comes to muscle tolerance and muscle strength.
- The strength in muscles comes from repetitions which are an integral form of calisthenics and the endurance comes with the ability to perform more repetitions and more sets.
- The most common Calisthenics exercises are Shoulder Presses, Chin Ups, Push Ups, Squats, Crunches and Lunges.
Calisthenics Exercises Are Simple But Also Really Effective
The combined 3 sets will make for one Calisthenics exercise. These exercises help challenge the body continuously, removing monotony from workout regimens because there are so many calisthenics to choose from. Any exercise that can be done without the aid of a device or equipment comes under Calisthenics.
Even for those who go to a gym to exercise, it is advised to still practice Calisthenics because these exercises improve flexibility and muscle endurance that greatly helps in weight lifting or any kind of resistance training.
- The number of repetitions done in a Calisthenics workout depends on the fitness level of the individual.
- As you increase repetitions in each set you gain more muscle strength. By increasing the number of sets of a particular Calisthenics exercise, you gain more muscle endurance.
- As your endurance and strength increases, your overall athletic performance will also improve along with your stamina. Experts have noticed that those body builders who use Calisthenics as part of their workout tire less easily, because the added strength and endurance also improve the respiratory function of the athlete.
- To build a well tones body with defined muscle, just lifting weights is not enough.
- Doing these Calisthenics exercises is also important to ensure that you are able to lift more weight and add more sets to your workout with enhanced stamina and better balance.
Why Are Calisthenics Exercises Suitable For Everyone?
Well, Calisthenics exercise don’t require a gym or any equipment, which makes them an ideal workout in the sense that they suit people who don’t have a big budget for fitness and even those who are frequent flyers and often miss Gym. Calisthenics exercises are very beneficial for a toned body. However, this routine is not the same as a regular workout. How, you may now ask?
- The benefits of Calisthenics exercise are obvious – no expense of gym and no expense of getting workout equipment.
- Also, this workout doesn’t require you to put aside special space at home to horde equipment, all it really needs is a good exercise mat and some music to set up the rhythm.
- However, when you choose a Calisthenics exercise routine, you have to be completely in tune with your body’s needs and be imaginative about how you target the right muscles.
A good fitness instructor can out together a viable Calisthenics workout for you. However you can also find a planned calisthenics workout online, with levels that range from beginners to those who have done these workouts for a few months and need advance exercises to keep their muscles challenged.
The Perfect Calisthenics Exercise Workout Routine
Fact is; calisthenics can be tailor made to suit your need because there are just too many exercises that fall under this category that are right there for you to choose from.
Here is an ideal Calisthenics workout for beginners.
- Warm up – 5 minutes. Choose between stop jogging, walking or skipping
- Push Ups – 3 sets, with 8 repetitions in each set
- Triangle Push Ups – 2 sets with 5 repetitions in each set
- Dips – 3 sets with 10 repetitions in each set
- Chin Ups – 3 sets with as many repetitions as possible. They can vary from 5 to 8, depending on your endurance levels
- Reverse Grip Chin Ups – 2 sets with 5 reps in each set.
- Crunches – 3 sets with 10 repetitions in each set
- Squats – 3 sets with 8 repetitions in each set
- Lunges – 3 sets with 8 to 10 reps in each set
- Calf presses – 3 sets with 5 reps in each
These 10 exercises are more than enough for a complete body workout. As you will notice, they target all the large muscle groups, making sure that your entire body gets toned and stretches.
Want to try Calisthenics exercises at home? Then this video will guide you.