There was a time when I was obsessed with pasta in tomato sauce. You know the regular arrabbiata sauce with some cheese on top. But then during a trip to Italy, I tried ( reluctantly) spaghetti with pesto sauce and my whole taste palate took a 360 degree turn. It was AMAZING!
Ever since that fateful day in Milan, I am obsessed with pesto sauce. I eat it with bread, potato, chips, you name it and I will eat it with pesto sauce. Hummus docent stand a chance! LOL! Now that I have moved on from a tomato-based sauce, this pasta recipe with sweet tomatoes and pesto sauce is my absolute favourite. Its rich taste mixed with the fact that this recipe is completely vegan makes this recipe very soothing. And low on calories yet very nourishing.
So if you are ready to start your love affair with pesto sauce, here’s what you need to do:
- Heat the olive oil in the pan on medium flame and add the chopped garlic. Remember that pesto sauce already contains garlic so don’t add too much. Did you know that garlic is the superstar inflammation fighting ingredient?
- Now add the sauce and mix it well with the garlic and the olive oil.
- Add the boiled pasta and toss everything together.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Garnish the dish with some chopped tomatoes.
- You can serve this with some bread to just like it is!
Pesto Sauce Is Magic!
Oh how much I love this sauce! If you have extra basil leaves at home, I highly suggest that you make a jar of pesto sauce at home and keep in the fridge for days you dont wish to cook. I absolutely love this homemade pesto recipe. It takes 5 minutes to make and is extremely versatile. But if you are really not upto making pesto sauce at home, then are a lot of good options available on online stores and shops. My favourite is Alnatura Bio Pesto Basilico, its delicious!
As for pasta, I prefer eggless pasta and many pasta brands out there. Heres a list of all the vegan and with egg pasta brands to make an informed decision. Barilla is a good option, just incase you are a bit confused.