To ensure that you can follow it, the plan contains simple and hassle-free recipes along with tips to minimize cravings.
The ends are approximately 1,500 calories per day. If you require more or fewer calories, you can simply alter the portion sizes, but do not skip any of the meals or snacks. You’ll need to eat frequently to keep your stamina going.
Also, It’s Important To Follow These Guidelines:
- Keep an eye on absolutely everything that goes into your mouth. YES, even avoid chewing gum and breath mints.
- Drinking water is a true necessity, especially when you are cleansing. Almost all of your liquids should be pure, unadulterated water.
- Decaf green tea and hot water with lemon may be added for those people missing their warm morning mug.
I really like the Organic Green Tea from Typhoo.
Also, did you know that drinking tea can boost productivity at work?
If all of these guidelines seem too daunting to take on at once, feel free to mix and match. In other words, you could follow the menus but allow yourself one small cup of coffee.
Make it work for you, but remember that the more you adhere to the plan, the bigger difference you’ll feel and the more effective your whole body cleanse.
Fill Up On:
- Lean protein (fish like wild salmon, chicken and turkey breast, lean red meat, cottage cheese, etc.) Also, this recipe of slow cooked chicken curry will make your day.
- Healthy fat (canola and olive oils, nuts, avocado, avocado oil, eggs, fish and fish oil)
- Water (drink at least half your current body weight in ounces; for example, if you weigh 150 pounds you need to drink 75 ounces, about 9.5 cups, a day).
- Fibre has at least 30 g per day, mostly from fruits and vegetables.
- Fibre-free carbs, like white bread, scones, chips, pastries, cookies, bagels, and high-sugar breakfast cereals.
- Caffeine (e.g. coffee, tea, diet soda, chocolate)
- Artificial sweeteners (e.g., diet soda, diet drinks, low-cal yoghurts, low-sugar jelly, etc.)
- Alcohol and other liquid calories (e.g., soft drinks, fruit juice, alcohol, sports drinks, etc.)
- Added sugar (e.g., sugar, honey, brown sugar)
When you start your detox diet, the biggest challenge you will face is sugar. Your cravings will be high and the best way to deal with it is by having a shot of pure aloe vera juice first thing in the morning. It works like magic because it regulates blood sugar levels which means that you won’t reach out for the cookie, mid-morning. I like the aloe vera gel from Forever Living Product.
After the first week, you don’t have to be so strict but focus on the foods recommended above. Limit your calories to about 1,500 a day.
The Best “Detox” Diet Plan
Chop half an avocado, half kiwi and a tomato and sprinkle or unsalted peanuts on the peanuts. Add salt, pepper and and 1 tsp olive oil.
1 handful pistachios (or nuts of your choice) along with 1 apple (or fruit of your choice)
2 cups water (squeeze of citrus or sliced cucumber if desired)
Large salad made with a base of a 3-4 cups veggies, loaded with unlimited colourful veggies; ½ cup black beans. Mix together. Squeeze the juice of 1 orange on top. Add 1 Tbsp. of favourite balsamic-based vinaigrette dressing.
Drink 2 cups water (squeeze of citrus or sliced cucumber if desired). Start with 1 tomato, cut into wedges. Top with a pinch of crushed black pepper, tofu, salt and salad leaves like lettuce or rucola. Then mix the ingredients above with 1 tsp balsamic vinegar dressing.
4 oz grilled vegetables, marinated in balsamic vinaigrette. Pair with ½ grilled sweet potatoes, and ½ grilled zucchini (or favourite veggies), marinated in balsamic vinaigrette.
There you have it. The perfect detox diet and ideally you should try it for 7-14 day only. But before you begin, I recommend you watch this video which will inform you about the right way to detox: