Women these days are busier than ever. That’s why it is more important than ever to realize that a right nutritional diet is crucial so that they can juggle everything efficiently without any ill-effect on the health.
Did you know that 60 per cent of women in our country suffers from Anemia? Are you aware of the fact that it’s estimated that more than 40 per cent of women will get osteoporosis before the age of 40? The cause of both the ailments above are the same; lack of proper nutrition.
Women today have a very tricky task at hand. They have to be an equal breadwinner, bear children, take care of home and kids all with the same amount of superhuman efficiency. Most women are doing an incredible job of handling all their duties diligently but at a cost of neglecting themselves. The task of taking care of others ensures that most women don’t care of themselves which invariably affect that physical and mental wellbeing.
The Right Nutrition Is The Key
Therefore it’s highly important that women start taking care of themselves and it won’t take a genius to guess that eating well is the first step towards that. Women have precise nutritional needs at diverse stages of life including adolescence, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and menopause. But remember that no matter at what stage you are in sticking to a healthy diet will ensure that you stay away from various diseases such as obesity, heart ailments, cancer and diabetes.
If you still need some motivation then remember that a healthy nutritional diet will ensure that you remain your active best and will be able to juggle multiple things at the same time. Read on to find out how to consume the right nutrition!
- Calcium is your friend. Remember that consumption 400 mg of calcium daily is a must. Chuck the chole and puri for breakfast as they have no nutritional value what so ever! Instead start your day with whole-grain cereal, fruits and low-fat milk and soya milk.
- Feel like snacking? Instead of reaching out for the pack of cookies choose calcium-rich items such as almonds, orange juice or Probiotic dahi.Take fruit with you at work! The best options available to you are cubed papayas, bananas or grapes as they loaded with fibre and natural sugar. They also act as a healthy and nutritious snack.
- Pick whole wheat bread, whole-wheat pasta, and whole-grain cereals. They are much healthier and filling. Eat beans! Beans may be the most non-glamorized food but they are packed with nutrients. A portion of beans every day in your diet will help fight colon cancer and also make you feel fuller.
- Feel like eating chocolate? Go right ahead as Cocoa has more antioxidant power than tea. Pure cocoa prevents the blood from clotting which in turn helps prevent heart attacks. It is also good for the bones
- If you can’t digest dairy easily then stick to soya milk and food rich in calcium. Control your intake of salt and sugar. Let’s just say that the lesser you consume both; the better it is for you.
- It’s very important to indulge in some sort of physical and heart-pumping activity such as running, jogging, brisk walking, swimming or yoga. Exercising a minimum three times a week for 30-60 minutes will ward of illness and ensure a strong, healthy and fit you.
If you take care of yourself then only you can take care of the people depending on you. So stop neglecting yourself and treat yourself with care and respect.