We all know that chia seed is a superfood. What was once used for terracotta pottery decorations was also used centuries ago by ancient Mayans, Aztecs and Incans for its superior health benefits.
A very rich source of dietary fibre, proteins, omega – 3 & 6 and antioxidants, chia seeds are packed with a variety of nutritional benefits. They have a mild flavour that almost undetectable, making it easy to incorporate them into your favourite foods, including cupcakes! Also Read: Feeling anxious? Add chia seeds to your diet.
Here is an easy recipe for Chia Seed Chocolate Cupcakes that makes 6 portions. These yummy cupcakes are great for a healthy yet delicious dessert or a mid-afternoon snack when you find yourself craving something fatty and calorie-laden. We swapped the butter for olive oil, so that these cupcakes make for a highly satiating, guilt-free indulgence anytime, anywhere! Also Read: Fatigue beating beetroot and berry smoothie.
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/ 2 cup olive oil
- 1/ 2 cup Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/ 2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 160 deg C.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients – flour, chia seeds, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix them.
- Whisk together the ghee and sugar in a bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then add the egg and whisk again until well combined.
- Now combine the dry ingredients with the ghee-sugar-egg mixture and add the milk. Whisk well together, as you want a smooth consistency for the miniature cakes.
- Grease a 6 cupcake pan and divide the batter equally between the cups. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and place into the oven
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
- Serve the cupcakes warm with hot tea or coffee.
Wasn’t that super easy? It tastes great, I promise.